I had some left over ground turkey meat the other day and had just ordered new muffin tins. I decided to make egg muffins with the leftover ground turkey meat and added some sautéed vegetables. This recipe is great to make on the weekend so you can have these to grab as a healthy snack during the week.
- 12 eggs
- 2 bell peppers
- 2 handfuls of mushrooms
- 1 onion
- Ground turkey meat (about 2 oz – spending on how much turkey meat you want in each muffin)
- Salt and people to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 deg.
- Grease muffin tins with butter or olive oil. (For an unhealthy, albeit delectable version of this recipe, line each muffin hole with a strip of uncooked bacon.)
- In one pan, begin cooking the ground turkey meat on medium high. Spread the meat throughout the pan with your spatula so that it cooks more efficiently. Approximately 10 minutes or until no longer pink.
- In another pan, sauté vegetables with olive oil on medium heat. About 5-7 min.
- Crack 12 whole eggs into a big bowl. Then add the cooked ground turkey meat and sautéed vegetables into the bowl. Mix together and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Then pour the liquid mixture evenly into each muffin tin.
- Place in oven and cook for about 20-25 minutes.
- Let cool in the pan for a few minutes before removing. Enjoy right away or let finish cooling on rack. Store in airtight container for up to 4 days.