I found a delicious Fall apple cider recipe from Displaced Housewife:
- 11 medium apples, cored + quartered (gala, granny smith, honeycrisp)
- 6 cups of water
- 2 sticks of cinnamon
- 6 cloves
- 1 star anise
- juice of 1 lemon
- Put your cored + quartered apples in your slow cooker. Cover with the water and add the cinnamon sticks, cloves and star anise. Juice your lemon straight into the slow cooker and cover.
- Cook on high heat for 7 hours.
- Fish out the cinnamon sticks, cloves and star anise. Throw them out or put them in your strained-out cider while it sits in the fridge.
- Put the apples and liquid in a high-speed blender and puree over gradually increasing speed.
- Strain the liquid into clean mason jars with lids. Save the apple pulp as noted above.
- Drink warm. Mixture will last in fridge for several weeks.