Homemade, slow-cooked apple cider is a cozy and festive Fall beverage. However, you can do more with it than just drink it. If you happen to have some leftover slow cooker apple cider, use it to make slow cooker apple cider pulled chicken. Follow the recipe below:
- About 4 cups of Slow Cooker Apple Cider
- 5 chicken breasts, pan-seared with olive oil, salt and pepper
- Leave the remains of your slow cooker apple cider in the slow cooker or pour into slow cooker if you have stored in mason jars.
- After rinsing and drying breasts, rub olive oil all over chicken breasts and lightly cover in salt and pepper on both sides. In a frying pan, brown the chicken breasts for about 3-4 minutes on each side.
- Add the chicken breasts to the slow cooker apple cider mixture and cook on low for 5 hours. You can eat the chicken as is, or enjoy the pulled chicken as part of a salad or sandwich. Enjoy xo